I am very saddened to write this edition to my blog, but must do so to warn others about the deceptive practices that Oriental Trading has stooped too, in order to make a few additional dollars.

Yesterday, I placed a small order and was lured in to a "Thank you from Ordering from Oriental Trading, here is $15 off your next order."

Just by clicking on that box, my credit card information, address, telephone and name was immediatly transmitted to the EMI-Encore Marketing, aka Easy Saver. They proceeded to bill me $3.99 on my Oriental Trading order and pinged my credit card for $1.00. Which is how they determine if you have money available on your credit card.

I was livid!!!!! How dare Oriental Trading give them my personal information and credit card number!!!. I never keyed it in myself.

So I promptly canceled my order. Called EMI-Encore and canceled their service, which is travel discounts, etc. Confirmed the address that my certified letter needs to be sent to, to opt-out of this program. I also let Oriental trading know that I will not be doing business with them in the future due to the deceptive practices of a company they have chosen to aligned themselves with to earn a few extra dollars.

I also let Oriental Trading know, that I will pass this information on to others and that I will suggest they quit ordering from them until they distance themselves from EMI-Encore, aka Easy Saver.

Thankfully, I was not charged the $14.95 A MONTH, for many months before I found out. I figured it out, when I looked at my Credit Card information on line to make sure the correct amount was charged. The invoice that was issued at the time of check out and the one emailed to me was different.

So buyer beware! I have learned a huge lesson and will never click again.

Signed,

The newbie, who never orders anything on line.

0 comments: